- The Lithium Triangle, including parts of northwestern Argentina, produces about half of the world’s lithium and hosts approximately 70% of the known lithium reserves
- Most lithium in this area is in salt lake (“salar”) brines
- Argentina produces approximately 12% of the world’s lithium, making it the third largest global producer (2015)
- Salar de Arizaro is the largest in Argentina and third largest in the Lithium Triangle.
- New Government is encouraging foreign investment and renewable energy initiatives
Argentina Lithium & Energy Corp believes that a combination of high geologic potential and a promising investment climate have set the conditions for delineating and advancing new lithium resources in Argentina. The Company is inaugurating its lithium exploration efforts with its option to earn into the Arizaro lithium project , and a strategy is underway to further expand its holdings and acquire additional high-potential lithium brine projects.